Held at Filey Golf Club on Sunday 8th May 2022, please click the button below for the results.
The Team Championship is a 36-hole team gross event where clubs in the Union can enter one or more teams of three players to represent them. The winning team is decided by the best aggregate of three player's 36-hole scores.
The A. B. Care Trophy
(Club Team Championship)
This was donated in 1958 by A. B. Care (Beverley Golf Club) President of the Union in that year.
1958 Beverley & ER
1961 Beverley & ER
1962 Beverley & ER
1965 Scarborough NC
1973 Scarborough NC
1974 Scarborough NC
1977 Springhead Park
1982 Scarborough N.C.
1991 Beverley & ER
1993 Beverley & ER
1994 Springhead Park
1997 Beverley & ER
2000 Event Cancelled
2002 Springhead Park
2004 Beverley & ER
2005 Beverley & ER
2010 Beverley & ER
2012 Beverley & ER
1. The Championship is open to Clubs affiliated to the Union to enter one or more teams of three players. All players within each team must conform to General Rule 2.
2. In the event of there being more than 24 teams, the team(s) with the highest aggregate Handicap Index shall be balloted out.
3. The Championship shall be decided by strokeplay over 36 holes off scratch with all scores to count.
4. Prizes will be awarded for gross team and individual scores and for net team scores. In calculating net team scores, a player's Handicap Index shall be no greater than 10.0.
5. The team returning the lowest aggregate gross score shall hold the A. B. Care Trophy for one year.
6. In the event of a tie, the winning team shall be decided on the aggregate scores of the teams in accordance with the Rules of Golf – Committee Procedures Section 5A Paragraph 6 “Matching Scorecards (also known as Scorecard Count-Back)”. If there is still a tie, the Competition Committee will arrange a time and date for a playoff over 18 holes.
Entry to the Team Championship is decided by each club, please speak to your secretary for more information.