To be held at Cave Castle Golf Club on Friday 20th May 2022.
The Senior Championship is an 18-hole individual event where players who are members of any ERUGC affiliated club, and of an age of 50 or higher, can enter. The Champion will be the best gross score on the day but prizes are also awarded for net scores in three age catgeories.
The Past Presidents Trophy
This trophy was donated by the generosity of the Past Presidents of the Union in 1992 and is presented to the Senior (55 years or over) Champion.
1992 B. Coggin (Springhead Park)
1993 P. Atkins (Hornsea)
1994 D. H. Thompson (Beverley & ER)
1995 A. B. Ward (Brough)
1996 M. Hall (Hull)
1997 J. Wood (Filey)
1998 E. B. Crofts (Filey)
1999 R. H. Bielby (Hornsea)
2000 H. Gundill (Ganstead Park)
2001 A. Smith (Hornsea)
2002 P. Bishop (Hessle)
2003 C. Duck (Scarborough NC)
2004 J. R. Robinson (Beverley & ER)
2005 A. Smith (Hornsea)
2006 R. Kelley(Scarborough NC)
2007 R. Kelley (Scarborough NC)
2008 C. Duck (Scarborough NC)
2009 R. Kelley (Scarborough NC)
2010 R. Shimwell (Hessle)
2011 B. Witty (Scarborough NC)
2012 I. Stephenson (Ganton)
2013 B. Witty (Scarborough NC)
2014 I. Stephenson (Ganton)
2015 I. Stephenson (Ganton)
2016 P. Cross (Hornsea)
2017 I. Stephenson (Ganton)
2018 J. Coggin (Hull)
2019 A. Woodhead (Hessle)
1. Entry to the Championship is open to players who have attained the age of 50 at the date of the competition. All entrants must conform to General Rule 2.
2. In the event of there being more that 120 entrants, the players with the highest Handicap Index shall be balloted out.
3. The Championship shall be decided by strokeplay over 18 holes off scratch.
4. Prizes will be awarded for gross and net scores in each of the following categories but no player shall receive more than one prize:
A: 50 to 59 years
B: 60 to 69 years
C: 70 years and over
In determining net scores, a player shall receive a Handicap Allowance of 95% of his Course Handicap.
5. The player returning the lowest gross score shall hold The President's Trophy for one year.
6. In the event of a tie, the winner of the Championship shall be decided under General Rule 6(i) and all other prizes shall be decided under General Rule 6(ii).
Entries have now closed for the the Senior Championship 2022