The Junior League is a summer event in which affiliated clubs can enter a team, where players are teamed up against other clubs in a handicap matchplay format.
The top three teams in the league will qualify for the Junior League Final at Ganton.
Competitive matchplay at this level gives improving youngsters much needed matchplay experience which will serve them well at ERUGC or Yorkshire level in the future.
1. Junior players must be under 18 years old on 1st January of the year of the competition. Players may only play for one team during the season. All players in each team must conform to General Rule 2.
2. The format of play will be Matchplay, with a maximum Handicap Index for any player of 18.4 (players with a Handicap Index of 18.5 and above may play but must use the maximum index of 18.4 for calculations). Matches to be played off the appropriate tees (boys – white; girls – red), with a stroke allowance of the difference in Playing Handicaps (see also Rule 8 below)
3. First named team to be at home. Away team to comply with home team’s night.
4. Home team secretary to contact the away team.
5. Home team Captain to present his team order to away team Captain.
6. Teams must play in order of Handicap Index, i.e. lowest plays lowest, and highest plays highest.
7. Three Juniors per team.
8. Where players are playing from tees with different Course Ratings, the competitor playing over the higher rated course will receive a Playing Handicap of their Course Handicap plus the difference in the Course Rating values. The stroke allowance will be the full difference in Playing Handicaps (rounded to the nearest whole number) up to a maximum allowance of 18.
9. 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw.
10. Postponement of fixtures should only take place in exceptional circumstances. Key players being unavailable is not exceptional. Match must be played within the week specified.
11.Result should be emailed within 24 hours of the fixture to the Junior League Secretary.
12. Winning margins must be recorded, as in the event of a tie for the league; holes up will be counted against holes down.
13. Any team failing to fulfil two or more fixtures during the league season will have all their match results cancelled.
14. No caddies allowed.
15. Spectators must keep clear of all matches, the required distance is 50 yards.
16. The top three teams will play-off at Ganton Golf Club on a date to be advised. Play will be over 18 holes net stableford score, with a Handicap Allowance of 95%, all scores to count. In the event of a tie, the winning team shall be decided according to the best individual score of each team. If still tied the second best individual score of each team shall be taken into account.
Junior League Trophy
(Winning Team of the Junior League)
This was presented by Rob McLeish (Brough Golf Club) President of the Union 1987 and Junior Organiser. This trophy was first played for in 1992.
1992 Scarborough South Cliff
1993 Beverley & East Riding
1997 Sutton Park
1999 Scarborough North Cliff
2000 Ganstead Park
2002 Sutton Park
2003 Bridlington Links
2005 Ganstead Park
2007 Ganstead Park
2008 Ganstead Park
2016 Scarborough NC
2020 not played