1. The Championship is open to Clubs affiliated to the Union to enter one or more teams of three players. All players within each team must conform to General Rule 2.
2. In the event of there being more than 24 teams, the team(s) with the highest aggregate handicap shall be balloted out.
3. The Championship shall be decided by strokeplay over 36 holes off scratch with all scores to count.
4. Prizes will be awarded for gross team and individual scores.
5. The team returning the lowest aggregate gross score shall hold the A. B. Care Trophy for one year.
6. In the event of a tie, the winning team shall be decided according to the aggregate second round scores of the teams. If still tied the winning team shall be decided according to the aggregate scores of the last 9, 6, 3 and 1 holes of the second round in that order and then the last 9, 6, 3 and 1 holes of the first round in that order. If still tied the Competition Committee will arrange an alternative time and date for a playoff over 18 holes.