1. The Championship is open to Clubs affiliated to the Union to enter one or more teams of three players. All players within each team must conform to General Rule 2.
2. In the event of there being more than 24 teams, the team(s) with the highest aggregate Handicap Index shall be balloted out.
3. The Championship shall be decided by strokeplay over 36 holes off scratch with all scores to count.
4. Prizes will be awarded for gross team and individual scores and for net team scores. In calculating net team scores, a player's Handicap Index shall be no greater than 10.0.
5. The team returning the lowest aggregate gross score shall hold the A. B. Care Trophy for one year.
6. In the event of a tie, the winning team shall be decided on the aggregate scores of the teams in accordance with the Rules of Golf – Committee Procedures Section 5A Paragraph 6 “Matching Scorecards (also known as Scorecard Count-Back)”. If there is still a tie, the Competition Committee will arrange a time and date for a playoff over 18 holes.