1. The competition is open to Clubs affiliated to the Union to hold a qualifying competition and to submit an entry fee of £1 per person from such competition with a minimum of £30 per club. All entrants must conform to General Rule 2.
2. The qualifying competitions and the finals shall be decided by net stableford scores off full handicap in three divisions: Plus to 9, 10 to 17 and 18 to 28.
3. The winner of each division in the qualifying competitions will qualify to play in the finals, at a time and venue to be agreed each year. In the event that a winner is unavailable for the finals, the Club may substitute the runner-up or lower placed player from that division.
4. Prizes will be awarded in the finals for individual scores within each division.
5. The players returning the highest stableford score in each division in the finals shall each hold the Millennium Trophy Shields for one year.
6. In the event of a tie in the finals, the winner shall be decided under General Rule 6(ii).