1. The Championship is open to Clubs affiliated to the Union to enter one or two teams of three players. Teams may comprise of any combination of boys and girls who have not attained the age of 18 on the 1st day of January of the year of the competition and have a Handicap Index of 24.4 or less for boys and 36.4 or less for girls at the date of the competition. Players with a Handicap Index above these limits are eligible to play, using the appropriate Handicap Index limit. All players within the team must conform to General Rule 2.
2. The Championship will be decided by strokeplay scores over 18 holes, with all scores to count.
3. Prizes will be awarded for team and individual scores.
4. The team returning the lowest aggregate gross score shall hold the T. R. Leak Trophy for one year and shall qualify for the Yorkshire Inter-District Union Junior Club Team Championship.
5. The team returning the lowest aggregate net score shall hold the Frank Barratt Trophy for one year, unless that team has also returned the lowest aggregate gross score, in which case the team returning the next lowest aggregate net score shall hold the Frank Barratt Trophy for one year.
6. In the event of a tie, the winning team shall be decided according to the best individual score of each team. If still tied, the second best individual score of each team shall be taken into account. If still tied, the winning team shall be decided by lot.
7. Caddies are not allowed.