1. Entry to the Championship is open to any boy or girl who has not attained the age of 18 on the 1st day of January of the year of the competition and has a Handicap Index of 24.4 or less at the date of the competition. All entrants must conform to General Rule 2.
2. In the event of there being more than 72 entrants, the players with the highest Handicap Index shall be balloted out.
3. The Championship shall be decided by strokeplay over 36 holes off scratch. Play shall be from the white tees for boys and the red tees for girls. Caddies are not allowed.
4. Prizes will be awarded for gross and net scores but no player shall receive more than one prize. In determining placings within the net score competition, in the event of a mixed tee competition, the competitor playing over the higher rated course will receive a Playing Handicap of their Course Handicap adjusted by the application of the Handicap Allowance, plus the difference in the Course Rating values (rounded to the nearest whole number).
5. The player returning the lowest aggregate gross score shall hold The Boys' Challenge Cup for one year and he or she shall also be awarded a replica to keep in perpetuity.
6. In the event of a tie, the winner of the Championship shall be decided under General Rule 6(i) and all other prizes shall be decided under General Rule 6(ii).
7. The 16 Juniors with the lowest aggregate gross scores, who are available to play on the dates of the competition, shall qualify for the Junior Matchplay.