1. Entry to the Championship is open to any boy or girl who has not attained the age of 18 on the 1st day of January of the year of the competition and has a handicap of 24 or less at the date of the competition. All entrants must conform to General Rule 2.
2. In the event of there being more than 72 entrants, the players with the highest handicaps shall be balloted out.
3. The Championship shall be decided by strokeplay over 36 holes off scratch. Caddies are not allowed.
4. Prizes will be awarded for gross and net scores but no player shall receive more than one prize.
5. The player returning the lowest aggregate gross score shall hold The Boys' Challenge Cup for one year and he or she shall also be awarded a replica to keep in perpetuity.
6. In the event of a tie, the winner of the Championship shall be decided under General Rule 6(i) and all other prizes shall be decided under General Rule 6(ii).
7. The 16 Juniors with the lowest aggregate gross scores, who are available to play on the dates of the competition, shall qualify for the Junior Matchplay.