1. Entry to the Championship is open to players with a Handicap Index not exceeding 10.0 at the date of the competition. All entrants must conform to General Rule 2.
2. In the event of there being more that 72 entrants, the players with the highest Handicap Index shall be balloted out.
3. The Championship shall be decided by strokeplay over 36 holes off scratch.
4. Prizes will be awarded for gross and net scores but no player shall receive more than one prize. In determining net scores, a player shall receive a handicap allowance of 95% of his Course Handicap .
5(i). The player returning the lowest aggregate gross score shall hold the Harold Collins Trophy for one year.
5(ii). The Junior (under the age of 18 on the 1st day of January of the year of the competition) returning the lowest aggregate gross score shall hold the Rob McLeish Cup for one year.
6. In the event of a tie, the winner of the Championship shall be decided under General Rule 6(i) and all other trophies and prizes shall be decided under General Rule 6(ii).