1. Entry to the Championship is open to players who have attained the age of 50 at the date of the competition. All entrants must conform to General Rule 2.
2. In the event of there being more that 120 entrants, the players with the highest Handicap Index shall be balloted out.
3. The Championship shall be decided by strokeplay over 18 holes off scratch.
4. Prizes will be awarded for gross and net scores in each of the following categories but no player shall receive more than one prize:
A: 50 to 59 years
B: 60 to 69 years
C: 70 years and over
In determining net scores, a player shall receive a Handicap Allowance of 95% of his Course Handicap.
5. The player returning the lowest gross score shall hold The President's Trophy for one year.
6. In the event of a tie, the winner of the Championship shall be decided under General Rule 6(i) and all other prizes shall be decided under General Rule 6(ii).